If you want to get away from the cool weather then I suggest a trip down south to Tucson, Arizona. When I first heard I was going to Arizona I didn’t really know what to expect. But it turned out to be a really great vacation! I did a lot of unique things that I have never done before and that I can’t do in any other place in the country.
1. The city of Tucson is surrounded by mountains. There are all different types of trails that are welcome to the public. You can run, jog, or walk on whichever you like. Personally, I recommend Catalina Trails. Make sure you are in good shape before you attempt to walk on these trails. They are very rocky and narrow. You can see many beautiful plants that are unique to Arizona. Just make sure you watch out for the cactuses!
2. Something else I recommend is a stop at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. This is a history museum, zoo, and botanical garden all in one. The museum is most famous for an event called Raptor Free Flight. During this event, large birds called raptors will fly over your head and do tricks. It is an extremely unique experience, and you will definitely enjoy it.
3. My favorite thing that I did while I was in Arizona was visiting Sabino Canyon. During our tour of the canyon we got in a tram and a tour guide told us all about the surrounding area. The tram takes you all the way to the top of the mountain and you are able to get on and off whenever you like. It is one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. There were gorgeous waterfalls and lots of animals. I can guarantee you will be in awe with a visit to Sabino Canyon.
4. Lastly, when looking for food in Tucson you should go to In n Out Burger. The ever famous restaurant is an old fashioned burger shack on the west coast known for their small menu of delicious food items. If you are considering a stop at In n Out make sure to plan accordingly because there is always a long line and is most often very busy.
In conclusion, when most people think about going to Arizona, Phoenix pops into their head. Although Tucson may not be as popular there is just as much to do and see. It is a very interesting city and I have never visited anywhere like it before. If you are looking for an enjoyable, warm, fun filled vacation then Tucson is the place for you.
Mountains in Tucson Catalina Trails Menu at In n Out Burger
I think there’s a time when everybody wants to get away and go to some place warmer. If this is the case for you, I recommend a trip to Marco Island, Florida. It is a small island off the coast of Southwest Florida and is linked by bridges to the city of Naples. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. Palm trees line the street, and the smell of sand and sea salt fill the air making it a perfect getaway for anyone.
1. When going somewhere tropical, what else would one do besides go to the beach? I suggest a stop at Tigertail Beach on the South side of the island. Tigertail Beach has a plethora of sea shells. It is one of the best places in the world for collecting. The beach was wonderful, but my only complaint was that the water was a bit cold.
2. If you are looking more of an adventure, rather than lounging on the beach, I recommend an air boat tour of the Everglades. What you do, is get in an air boat which is a boat that has a huge fan on the back to make it move. You drive through Everglades National Park taking in the gorgeous scenery as you go. You must wear headphones to block the sound. After all, it is quite noisy. If you are lucky you just may see some native birds or even an alligator!
3. Another activity for the adventurous type is to participate in watersports on the island. There are a lot of options, such as parasailing, jet ski’s, or sail boating. You can rent these off of the beach for a small fee and they are free for you to use however you like. However, there are time limits, so just make sure you are back at the time required to avoid an additional charge.
4. Of course you are going to want to eat on vacation, so when looking for a bite of food I propose the Snook Inn. It has some of the most delicious food on the island, and the best fish sandwich I have ever tasted. There is also a yummy salad bar which you can nourish before the main course.
Overall, a trip to Marco Island will without a doubt be an amazing experience. There are plenty of things to do for all ages, making you never want to leave. The endless amount of sunshine will leave you smiling and in a good mood for weeks after you leave!
Shells on Tigertail Beach Airboat Tours of the Everglades Watersports on the Beach