If you’re like me, and you like the sunny weather and beautiful beaches of Southern California, then you have to take a visit to San Diego. From my experience, I can tell you that there is no other city in the country that has more perfect weather then this one. It is gorgeous all the time. The city is a wonderful place to go for anyone and everyone. Read below to find out some suggestions for a visit:
1. If you are in San Diego you without a doubt have to make a stop at the world renowned San Diego Zoo. It is one of the biggest zoos in the country and is home to a large variety of different animals. You can even stop by and see the famous pandas!
2. Another thing you can do is visit the USS Midway Museum. The USS MIdway is an aircraft carrier. You can take tours or just walk around by yourself. My favorite part of the Midway was being able to stand on top of the runway and be able to see all of the other ships.
3. Also, make sure to stop by the Gaslamp Quarter. Most people who have heard or been to San Diego know about this area. It is home to many upscale restaurants and shops. It is a great place to go night or day just to walk around and take it all in.
4. My last suggestion is to visit Hotel Del Coronado. It is an old, famous, beautiful, hotel. Whether you choose to stay here or just take a look around it is a must see. You will not regret it.
As you can see, there is so much to do in San Diego. Some other things I recommend are Sea World, La Jolla, and Seaport Village. It is a beautiful city where you can do just about everything. You will not be disappointed in your trip no matter what you choose to do.
I could not have a travel blog without writing about The Happiest Place on Earth. Disney World is the best vacation spot for families looking to spend quality time together. There are multiple parks to visit and lots of things to do all in one location. Traveling around the park is fast and simple. Everyone loves Disney and no matter who you are will have a great time.
My Favorite Rides: Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, and Buzz Lightyear
Besides going on rides make sure to make time for getting pictures with characters and watching the parade!
My Favorite Foods: Dole Whip, Mickey Mouse Bars, Turkey Legs, and Funnel Cakes
Dole Whip can be found in Adventureland, Mickey Bars on Main Street, Turkey Legs in Frontierland, and Funnel Cakes also on Main Street.
Some other things you can do in Disney World are to visit Downtown Disney which is an area with malls, shops, and activities. You can also visit one of the two water parks or Disneyquest.
Disney World is one of the most visited places worldwide, and has been a popular destination for many years. When you are there experiencing the magic, I can definitely say that is The Happiest Place on Earth. There is just so much to do, at all four parks that you will never run out of things to do. Have a magical day!
One of my all time favorite places to visit is Puerto Rico, specifically Fajardo. Puerto Rico is one of the most gorgeous places I have ever been, and somewhere I travel to time and time again. It is a territory of the US, so you don’t need a passport to go. Making it a fast, simple, getaway.
1. One thing I suggest, is to go visit El Yunque National Forest. Whether you are going for a hike, lunch, or just to take in the view, you will not be disappointed. When I went, I even went swimming in a waterfall! If you decide to take a visit to El Yunque, make sure to bring walking shoes and comfortable clothing. There are many uneven rocks and small pathways.
2. Another thing I recommend you do is to go kayaking. This was a very enjoyable experience. The water was warm and low tide so there is nothing to worry about. You can sit two to three people per kayak and you are then sent on your way to paddle wherever you choose.
3. A restaurant that I propose to you is called La Estación. It is made from an old gas station. This is one of the most popular restaurants in the area and is always very busy! So make sure to plan ahead and make a reservation. The menu is very big and all the choices are delicious.
4. Lastly, my overall favorite thing to do in Puerto Rico is visit Palomino Island. It is a closed off, private island that is absolutely stunning. The water is crystal clear blue and the sand is super soft. There are various activities on the island such as horseback riding, hiking, water sports, and of course laying on the beach. However, make sure to be careful because lots of iguanas are inhabited on the island.
As you can see, there is plenty to do on a visit to Fajardo. The weather is always sunny and warm so it will be pleasant no matter when you decide to go. I guarantee you will have an amazing time.
Palomino Island An island I kayaked to El Yunque
I have been to Europe multiple different times, but nothing compares to my trip to Rome, Italy. It was an experience like any other and something that I will never forget. I got to see many new sights, try new foods, and do things that I have never done before. I without a doubt recommend a visit here.
1. The first thing you should do in Rome is go to the Trevi Fountain. There are many fountains all over the city, but this was by far the best. Unfortunately for me, it was under construction and I didn’t get to see the whole fountain. However, what I did see was very beautiful
2. My favorite thing that I did in Rome was climb the Spanish Steps. The 135 steps lead you to a fabulous view of the entire city. The steps are a great meeting place and are always crowded with tons of people. I can guarantee you will not be disappointed after reaching the top. I sure wasn’t.
3. Another thing I suggest is a stop at the Coliseum. The Coliseum is an old arena where gladiators fought in front of many Romans. When you see the it, it may look like half of the side either broke or fell off. But the real reason it is like this is because they had to stop the building process right in the middle because of the war. Even up until today, they have still never finished this historical monument.
4. You may not know this, but Rome is home to several piazza’s. Piazza’s are gathering places that are open in the middle and often have fountains and other decorations. On the outside they will likely have restaurants or shops. On my trip we stopped in many of these but the best one was Piazza del Popolo. It had a gorgeous fountain and was just breathtaking!
5. Rome is one of the best cities for food in the world. When visiting you can’t forget to try any of the delicious pizza’s, pasta’s, or gelatos.
As you can see, there is so much to see and do in Rome. You will never run out of activities or be bored. There is something for everyone. I can honestly say that my trip to Rome is one of the best places that I have ever been. You will be surprised at how much fun going to an ancient, old, city can be.
Spanish Steps Coliseum Spaghetti
Trevi Fountain Fountain in Piazza del Popolo
One of my favorite cities in the country is Indianapolis. A town often home to large events and sport enthusiasts alike, I find this city to be very unique and fun filled. Every time I visit I always have a great time. Now, you may be thinking what is there to do in Indiana? Well I am going to tell you, so you can ensure that your next stop in Indy is a great one.
1. If you are to visit Indianapolis, I recommend you go for a sporting event. This is when the streets are most lively and the city is booming with energy. Most recently, I visited for the Big Ten Championship at Lucas Oil Stadium. During these times, there are tons of things to do for fans and visitors. Such as school pep rallies, Fan Fest, College Gameday, and much more!
2. One of the great things about the city of Indianapolis is that you can walk everywhere. Most of the city and its hotels are connected by indoor pathways which lead to a mall in the center. This place is called Circle Centre. Circle Centre is the name of the mall, pathways, and large city circle in Indy. All of these places are within less than a ten minute walk, and are a wonderful sight to see. You will be entertained for hours.
3. If you are a large sports fan like me, I recommend that you consider a stop to the NCAA Hall of Champions. This museum is full of information on the history, universities, and sports involved in the NCAA. There are plenty of exhibits and hands on activities.
4. You can’t visit Indianapolis without eating at the world famous St. Elmo’s. Known for their delicious steaks and famous shrimp cocktails, this restaurant is definitely one of my favorites. The old fashioned décor will take you back in time. However, this restaurant is a bit pricey. This should not turn you away, you will not be disappointed. Because of it’s popularity, St. Elmo’s is almost always sold out. If this is the case, make sure you stop by Harry and Izzy’s next door, which has the same owners and a lot of the same menu items.
As you can see, there is plenty to see, do, and eat in Indy. This city is an easy drive for most, making it a fun weekend getaway. If you haven’t visited before you definitely should. You will not be disappointed. I love it here and I always look forward to coming.
. If you’re not the type to lie around the beach and relax, and are looking for more action and excitement, then I recommend a trip to New York City. The hustle and bustle of the big city is thrilling and mind blowing. There are endless amounts of things to do, but here are my recommendations:
1. My favorite thing to do in New York City is to walk through the ever famous Times Square. Hundreds of gigantic television screens and shining lights will captivate you from the second you the second you step foot onto 42nd Street. There are huge steps on which you can climb to the top and take in all that there is to see. There is no place else like this in the world.
2. Something else I recommend is a stop at the 9/11 memorial. Paying homage to the terrorist attacks which occurred on September 11th, 2001, this museum has multiple exhibits. There is also a memorial where you can pay your tributes. The two ponds at the memorial represent each of the Twin Towers that fell that day.
3. Another enjoyable thing to do, is take a walk around Central Park. Central Park is the most visited urban park in the United States, and most of the world. It adds a bit of flair to the busy feel of Upper Manhattan. With fountains, small bodies of water, and statues to look at you will see something different every time you walk through.
4. Lastly, to complete your trip in NYC, I recommend seeing a broadway show. This city is host to the best productions in the world. There are hundreds of broadway and off broadway productions. You will without a doubt find something to everybody's liking. My favorites are Jersey Boys, Newsies, Annie, and Billy Elliot.
Overall, a visit to New York City is a very unique experience. There is just so much to do. You will get to see and do things that you can’t do anywhere else. Other activities might include waking up early to catch the taping of The Today Show or Good Morning America, walking across The Brooklyn Bridge, seeing the Plaza Hotel, and stopping by Radio City Music Hall. NYC is a place for all ages and anyone looking for a lot of action, excitement and adventure! A visit here is always worth it.
Times Square Central Park
For the next installment of my travel blog, I take you out of the country to London. Personally, I think London is the best city to visit in all of Europe. The big city feel, gives you a unique experience unlike anywhere else in the world. There are endless amounts of things to do no matter your age or interest.
1. A must do, that almost everybody has either seen a picture or heard of, is to ride the London Eye. The London Eye, is basically a huge, enclosed, ferris wheel, with windows all around each capsule. The staggering 443 foot tall ferris wheel is the tallest in the world. You can catch a ride either night or day and see some of the best views of the city while overlooking the Thames River. There is a small fee to ride but it is well worth the price. It was one of my favorite things I did while in London.
2. Another sight I recommend you see is The Tower Bridge. It is a suspension bridge which opens on occasion for large boats, but is now mainly just a beautiful bridge which cars, buses, and trucks all pass over. You can also walk along it, which is what I choose to do. It is the best way to take it all in. There is a staircase which can be taken to the top, with a small museum inside. While here, you can also overlook the river and watch small boats and other watercraft pass by.
3. Whenever someone thinks of London, they automatically seem to think of the Queen and the Royal Family. You can’t take a trip to see this city without seeing where they live. That is why you have to visit the world renowned Buckingham Palace. The 312 year old palace is a sight to see. Everyday, the changing of the guard takes place. However, this is very popular, and you must get there extremely early to see it all through the palace gates. Walking up to the palace is just as breathtaking as the actual building itself. You will see the homes of many other government officials and royal family members. Just in front of the palace itself is a small, quaint, well kept up garden with many bright, colorful flowers. The garden is what I enjoyed most about the whole experience.
4. Lastly on your vacation to London you must take part in a traditional London experience. I recommend afternoon tea at Fortnum & Mason. Fortnum & Mason is a large department store that houses a room for afternoon tea on its top floor. The room, which is decorated in tiffany blue and white, is where the Queen herself often decides to indulge in an afternoon treat. You first start of with your choice of tea from their famous menu, then move on to finger sandwiches, and lastly scones. It is an experience you will never forget, and one that I certainly haven’t.
Reflecting back on my vacation to London, I can easily say that it is one of my favorite places that I have ever visited. There is just so much to do that you can go back again and again and not be bored. Some things I didn’t mention, but are still interesting include: the London Underground, commonly referred to as The Tube, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Wimbledon, Kensington Palace, and Trafalgar Square. London can be enjoyed year round. The city is huge but it is very easy to get around, being it one of the only European countries with English as a first language. Taking a visit here is something everyone should do in their lifetime.
A few different views of The Tower Bridge.
Tea at Fortnum & Mason.
Big Ben Buckingham Palace
My number one, overall, recommendation of a place to travel is Maui, Hawaii. A destination for all ages, its gorgeous beaches, fantastic sunsets, and perfect weather make it a must visit. Now, you may think that a nine hour plane ride may be a little lengthy and tiring, but it is well worth it. Once you step off the plane and smell the fresh air you will never want to leave. Here are my recommendations to make the most of your trip:
1. While in Maui, besides lounging on the beach and getting your tan on, I also recommend some tourist attractions. A must do, is the Road to Hana. This is a sixty four mile car ride along the side of a mountain up to the breathtaking city of Hana. Along the way, you will pass many black sand beaches, farms, and small waterfalls which will keep you wanting to see more.
2. Another activity I recommend is visiting Mount Haleakala. Mount Haleakala is a volcano that you can either bike, drive, or walk up. Some people go to watch the sunset, and others go to watch the sun rise. Whichever way you decide to go, it will take your breath away. At the top of the volcano you are above the clouds. This is a very unique experience that you can not get anywhere else. I definitely recommend it.
3. Another must see in Maui is a place called Baby Beach. This beach is not only beautiful to look at, but also a great place to relax and spend the day. It is called this because it is an enclosed reef where children or babies can safely play. From personal experience, I can say that this beach has some of the softest sand I have ever felt. With crystal clear water and powder soft sand, this is a picturesque sight that you won’t want to miss.
4. Lastly, before you end your trip in Maui I recommend that you take part in a traditional Hawaiian Luau. This is a great way to experience the Hawaiian culture. You will get to sample traditional Hawaiian cuisine, watch hula dancers, and look at Hawaiian art. There is no better way to experience the tradition and culture of Hawaii then this.
As you can see, not only is Hawaii beautiful in its own right, and there’s no doubt that you won’t have a great time on a vacation there, but if you visit these sights and try these activities I can guarantee that it will make your trip one hundred times better. Happy Travels! Aloha!
Baby Beach A stop along the Road to Hana.