One of my all time favorite places to visit is Puerto Rico, specifically Fajardo. Puerto Rico is one of the most gorgeous places I have ever been, and somewhere I travel to time and time again. It is a territory of the US, so you don’t need a passport to go. Making it a fast, simple, getaway.
1. One thing I suggest, is to go visit El Yunque National Forest. Whether you are going for a hike, lunch, or just to take in the view, you will not be disappointed. When I went, I even went swimming in a waterfall! If you decide to take a visit to El Yunque, make sure to bring walking shoes and comfortable clothing. There are many uneven rocks and small pathways.
2. Another thing I recommend you do is to go kayaking. This was a very enjoyable experience. The water was warm and low tide so there is nothing to worry about. You can sit two to three people per kayak and you are then sent on your way to paddle wherever you choose.
3. A restaurant that I propose to you is called La Estación. It is made from an old gas station. This is one of the most popular restaurants in the area and is always very busy! So make sure to plan ahead and make a reservation. The menu is very big and all the choices are delicious.
4. Lastly, my overall favorite thing to do in Puerto Rico is visit Palomino Island. It is a closed off, private island that is absolutely stunning. The water is crystal clear blue and the sand is super soft. There are various activities on the island such as horseback riding, hiking, water sports, and of course laying on the beach. However, make sure to be careful because lots of iguanas are inhabited on the island.
As you can see, there is plenty to do on a visit to Fajardo. The weather is always sunny and warm so it will be pleasant no matter when you decide to go. I guarantee you will have an amazing time.
Palomino Island An island I kayaked to El Yunque
I have been to Europe multiple different times, but nothing compares to my trip to Rome, Italy. It was an experience like any other and something that I will never forget. I got to see many new sights, try new foods, and do things that I have never done before. I without a doubt recommend a visit here.
1. The first thing you should do in Rome is go to the Trevi Fountain. There are many fountains all over the city, but this was by far the best. Unfortunately for me, it was under construction and I didn’t get to see the whole fountain. However, what I did see was very beautiful
2. My favorite thing that I did in Rome was climb the Spanish Steps. The 135 steps lead you to a fabulous view of the entire city. The steps are a great meeting place and are always crowded with tons of people. I can guarantee you will not be disappointed after reaching the top. I sure wasn’t.
3. Another thing I suggest is a stop at the Coliseum. The Coliseum is an old arena where gladiators fought in front of many Romans. When you see the it, it may look like half of the side either broke or fell off. But the real reason it is like this is because they had to stop the building process right in the middle because of the war. Even up until today, they have still never finished this historical monument.
4. You may not know this, but Rome is home to several piazza’s. Piazza’s are gathering places that are open in the middle and often have fountains and other decorations. On the outside they will likely have restaurants or shops. On my trip we stopped in many of these but the best one was Piazza del Popolo. It had a gorgeous fountain and was just breathtaking!
5. Rome is one of the best cities for food in the world. When visiting you can’t forget to try any of the delicious pizza’s, pasta’s, or gelatos.
As you can see, there is so much to see and do in Rome. You will never run out of activities or be bored. There is something for everyone. I can honestly say that my trip to Rome is one of the best places that I have ever been. You will be surprised at how much fun going to an ancient, old, city can be.
Spanish Steps Coliseum Spaghetti
Trevi Fountain Fountain in Piazza del Popolo